Fish balls ingredients:
- 30g butter (2.5 TBSP)
- 600g ground fish meat (I buy fresh fillet flounder in Costco) Very important: wash the fish, dry it very well with a paper towel and only then grind it!
- 3-4 TBSP oatmeal flour (or bread crumbs) or mazza balls meal for Pesach
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- Dill fresh (chopped) whole or half of a bunch
- 3-4 TPBS bread crumbs (you can use Gluten free)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Canola Oil for frying
You will need a meat grinder to grind the fish, I also use food processor to mince onion, oatmeal and dill. But you can grind the onion with meat and mince dill manually (or cut with scissors) .
We can also make a sauce for fishballs:
- 3-4 TBSP mayonnaise
- 3-4 TBSP sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1-2 chopped pickles
- 1tsp sugar
- Minced dill
- 1tsbp lemon juice
- White pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (I buy shredded )
- 2 celery (chopped)
- 2 eggplants (only inside diced, without skin)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- 2 big peppers (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 2 TBSP tomato marinara (I use Rao’s) or sauce
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- Canola oil for saute
I do it in Instant Pot, you can do it in a regular cooking pot or deep frying pan with lid.
Zoom link will be sent at the day of the event or the day before.